What are the Benefits of the Honeysuckle Plant?
Honeysuckle (Lonicera periclymenum): An example of honeysuckle, an ornamental plant that blooms fragrant flowers in spring. Its flowers, bark and leaves are used. There are about 100 species. More than half of this plant is found in China, in our country and in America and our country.
The honeysuckle leaf is mixed and its leaves are about 10 cm tall. There are types such as European honeysuckle, Japanese honeysuckle and white honeysuckle. Its fruit has many seeds and the color of its fruits is blue, black or red.
Fruits of most of their species are generally poisonous. But the fruit of some species is edible. In medicine, flowers, shells and leaves are used.
Benefits and Effects of Honeysuckle Flower: Diuretic. Shortness of breath fixes and bronchitis sounds good. Cuts cough. in podagra and it is useful in kidney swelling. spasms Fixes.
How To Use Honeysuckle Flower: Flowers, shells and leaves are used. Mouthwash as, boiled and tea I can be used. Tea is useful in cold, bronchitis and shortness of breath. Leaves, shells or if its dried flowers are boiled and its water is drunk, it cuts the cough, stomach ailments and it is good for kidney swelling.
- It has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.: It is not safe to consume honeysuckle fruits, but studies on the Lonicera caerulea species have shown that they have strong and impressive fruits. Antioxidants fighting this type of disease are high.
- Treatment of colds and flu
Some of the active ingredients of these flowers show a remarkable ability to ward off bacteria and viruses that can cause colds and flu.
Strengthens the immune system and is antiviral
Japanese honeysuckle flower is a type commonly used in traditional Chinese medicine. It has yellow-white flowers and black fruits. A 2018 study found that its fruits can help immune system functions. Fruits had an immune executive effect in the subject of immunocompromised subject mice, resulting in increased activity of NK immune system cells. These cells are known as white blood cells that can destroy viruses and tumors.
Has Antioxidant Properties
Honeysuckle flower should be consumed in a controlled way. Especially studies on Lonicera caerulea species showed that it has strong and impressive properties. The honeysuckle in this type contains high levels of antioxidants.
- Strengthens immunity, has antiviral properties: Japanese honeysuckle (Lonicera japonica) is a variety commonly used in traditional Chinese medicine. It has yellow-white flowers and black fruits. A study conducted in 2018 revealed that the fruits of this species help the immune system to function. Fruits acted as an immunomodulating agent for immunosuppressed mice and significantly increased the activity of natural killer cells. Natural killer cells (also known as NK cells) are a type of white blood cell that can kill viruses as well as tumor cells.
- Natural antibiotic
The honeysuckle leaves, shells and flowers are also good for shortness of breath, bronchitis and cough. Honeysuckle leaves, shells and flowers can be boiled and gargled. Honeysuckle tea, which also kills viruses, is known as a natural antibiotic.
Like the orange flower essential oil, the honeysuckle flower has a natural and beautiful scent. It is not easy to find pure honeysuckle essential oil, but if you can, you can mix it with a carrier oil such as coconut oil and use it. It can also be a nice material in the diffuser, bathrooms, and homemade cleaning products and room odors.
Used in Oral Health
Honeysuckle plant can be used as mouthwash due to its antibacterial properties. To prepare a homemade mouthwash, boil the honeysuckle leaf in two glasses of water. Then cut the bottom of the stove and cook for another five minutes. You can use the mixture when it cools completely.
- Good for diabetes: A study published in 2015 revealed that the honeysuckle may have the potential to help patients with type 2 diabetes. Researchers applied Lonicera japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) to diabetic rats at a dose of 100 mg / kg for four weeks. In this treatment, the blood sugar level and insulin resistance of the subjects decreased after four weeks. The results of the study revealed that this honeysuckle cultivar showed antidiabetic effects in rats with type 2 diabetes. Another study of results published in 2014 showed that an extract of Lonicera japonica has a strong anti-inflammatory ability that can help reduce the severity of diabetic nephropathy.
Honeysuckle tea tea strengthens the immune system, reducing the severity of allergic reactions.
It is also possible that the anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of the honeysuckle we mentioned earlier can become a natural solution for people who have arthritis. According to a study published in The Journal of Functional Foods, the phenolic components found in the fruits of the plant stand out.
In this study, the extract of Lonicera caerulea species was given to animal subjects with arthritis and as a result, it was observed that the production of inflammatory enzymes in the spleen was suppressed. While beneficial antioxidant enzymes called SOD and GPx increased, liver enzymes decreased. This is an important finding because the increase in liver enzymes is often seen in patients with various types of arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis.
- Increases sweating
One of the unusual effects of this tea is that it provides sweating. It is an excellent way to remove toxins from the body.
- Blood sugar
Research has found that honeysuckle tea can help regulate blood sugar and insulin levels in the body. This is good news for diabetic patients.
Honeysuckle tea has been the recommended remedy for headaches for generations thanks to its anti-inflammatory compounds.
Beta-carotene, A (RE), B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin) and vitamins C; macronutrients - calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, phosphorus; micronutrients - iron, iodine, copper, manganese, silicon, aluminum, strontium
Benefits of Honeysuckle Tea
• Prevents aging
• It cleans the body from toxins
• Strengthens the walls of blood vessels
• Helps the cardiovascular system to function normally
• Removes veins from bad cholesterol
• It opens small wrinkles on the skin
Normalizes metabolic processes in the body
• Accelerates blood circulation
Prevents thrombosis and obstruction of brain vessels
• Enriches blood with oxygen
• Strengthens memory
• Recovers from oil deposits
• Moisturizes the skin
• Eliminates age-related spots