the kohlrabi (Kohlrabi) what are the benefits?
The kohlrabi, which belongs to the cruciferous family, is a variety of cabbage (brassica oleracea).
Kohlrabi is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It contains A, B, C vitamins, calcium, phosphorus, iron and potassium elements. It also has antioxidant properties. Another important feature of kohlrabi is that it has a positive effect on various types of cancer.
If you have high blood pressure, it is a vegetable that you will need to balance your alabension.
- High in antioxidants
It contains a wide range of antioxidants such as vitamin C, anthocyanins, isothiocyanates and glucosinolates. These are plant compounds that protect cells against free radical damage, which can increase the risk of disease.
kohlrabi Those who are fed antioxidant-rich vegetables such as diabetes, metabolic disease and premature death are less likely.
Purple kohlrabi The peel provides a high percentage of anthocyanins, a type of flavonoid that specifically gives vegetables and fruits a red, purple or blue color. High anthocyanin intake is linked to low risk of heart disease and mental decline.
With all colors, this vegetable is high in isothiocyanates and glucosinolates, which are powerful antioxidants, which reduce the risk of certain cancers, heart disease and inflammation.
C VITAMIN AND POTASSIUM TANK
Kohlrabi, like other cabbage family vegetables, is rich in potassium and vitamin C. Due to its low calorie and high fiber content, it extends the toughness period. It is also frequently found in diet menus. It contains potassium and vitamin C, as well as phosphorus, calcium, iron and other minerals. It has a protective effect against many types of cancer with its antioxidant feature.
Regulates the digestive system
Like most vegetables belonging to the cruciferous family, cabbage is a good source of fiber. In this way, it regulates bowel movements and prevents constipation. It helps reduce cramping and swelling and improve the quality of the gastrointestinal tract. Considering that good digestion is the backbone of health life, proper attention should be given to the consumption of ground cabbage.
- Lung cleansing First of all, we know that cigarette users need vitamin C more than those who do not. Since kohlrabi is a true source of vitamin C, consuming water to clean the lungs is of considerable benefit.
- It is beneficial for intestines
kohlrabi It is high in fiber. It contains both soluble and insoluble fiber.
The first one is water-soluble and helps maintain healthy blood sugar and cholesterol levels. On the other hand, insoluble fibers do not deteriorate in the intestines, add volume to the stool and support regular bowel movements.
Moreover, fiber is Bifidobacteria ve Lactobacilli It is the main fuel source of healthy intestinal bacteria such as. These bacteria nourish intestinal cells and protect them from heart disease and obesity. short chain fatty acids It produces.
Protects eye health
One of the important benefits of regular and healthy nutrition is on eyesight. The most useful vitamin in this regard is vitamin A. Vitamin A helps prevent macular degeneration and slows or completely eliminates cataract formation. It does this by neutralizing free radicals in the eye and preventing oxidative stress. In addition, sprouts are rich in carotenes, which act as antioxidants when digested.
Kohlrabi contains glucosinolate compound with strong anti-cancer properties like other cruciferous vegetables. Glucocinate is a sulfur-based compound that is responsible for the smell and taste of some vegetables and is responsible for chemical reactions that form biologically active compounds such as indole, isothiocyanate. These compounds cause apoptosis (cell death) in cancerous cells. Eating ground cabbage significantly reduces the risk of mouth and lung cancer.
- Respiratory diseases With its high vitamin C content, even just 100 grams provides much more than the vitamin to be taken from an orange. Thanks to its frequent consumption, besides bronchitis, it has the feature of protecting from infection in order not to catch diseases such as colds and flu. Kohlin broth is healing for cough problem.
Regulates blood pressure
Potassium in the kohlrabi acts as a vasodilator that protects the body from rises in blood pressure. It provides adequate blood flow by reducing tension in the arteries and blood vessels. Hypertension or hypertension is a common health problem that can cause conditions such as heart disease, heart attack, and stroke due to the prolonged strength of the blood against the arterial walls. These diseases can be prevented by consuming kohlrabi regularly.
- Reduces the risk of heart disease
kohlrabiContains powerful plant compounds called glucosinolates and isothiocyanates. High glucosinolate intake is linked to a lower risk of heart disease due to the ability of this compound to expand blood vessels and reduce inflammation. Also, isothiocyanates have antioxidant properties that can prevent plaque build-up in the arteries.
Purple kohlrabiThe anthocyanins found in Ta, reduce blood pressure and risk of heart attack.
Iron helps to increase the amount of erythrocytes (red blood cells) in the body. Anemia, which is a disease caused by not getting enough iron and decreasing red blood cell density, manifests itself with symptoms such as weakness, fatigue and headache. Ground cabbage contains a high amount of iron. Also, sprouts containing potassium are very effective in preventing anemia with the combination of these two minerals. It also facilitates the uptake of iron into the body thanks to the calcium it contains.
- hypertension contributes to lowering blood pressure of patients who have. As it is rich in potassium, it has a blood pressure lowering effect.
Strengthens the immune system
Regularly consumed kohlrabi strengthens the body's immune system thanks to its vitamin C content. Vitamin C helps iron absorption and ensures the renewal of vitamin E. A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition investigated the effect of low, medium and high consumption of vegetables and fruits on immune functions. The study concluded that the abundant consumption of carotenoid-rich fruits and vegetables, including kohlrabi, lowers the plasma C-reactive protein. The lower the level of C-reactive protein, the lower the risk of developing cardiovascular and other serious inflammatory diseases.
Protects bone health
One of the inevitable effects of aging is the weakening of the bones. To prevent or slow down this situation, consuming vegetables and fruits such as kohlrabi, which are rich in iron and calcium, are among the things that can be done. Osteoclasis it is a problem that can only be prevented when young. Therefore, the calcium level of the body should be tried to be kept high every period.
Is Alabaş Useful For Diabetes?
Kohlrabi is thought to regulate the blood sugar level and suppress postprandial (post-meal) glycemia. This means that diabetics can consume kohlrabi safely. Another point of view about vegetables is this; Since it contains high amounts of water and fiber, it keeps it full for a long time when consumed, thereby slowing the weight gain. Since obesity is one of the biggest causes of type 2 diabetes, this feature of kohlrabi reduces the chance of developing diabetes. However, since no definitive conclusion can be reached in this regard, even if diabetic patients consume kohlrabi, it is healthier not to overdo it.
- It can be used to balance blood pressure with plenty of potassium it contains.
- It is a good supporter to people struggling with cardiovascular diseases.
- It is an additional treatment option for anemia disorder with its iron content.
- As a good antioxidant, it fights free radicals in the body.
- It prevents the formation of cancerous cells. It provides reduction of existing cancerous cells.
- It regulates blood pressure.
- It relieves the feeling of tiredness.
- It relieves negative feelings such as stress and nerves and makes people feel much more comfortable.
- It reduces the risk of cataract disease.
- It helps the kidneys to work better. It can be preferred in kidney diseases.
- With its abundant vitamin content, it can be used for respiratory diseases.
- It is good for shortness of breath problems.
- It has a healing effect on asthma.
- It minimizes the risk of stroke that can occur in the body.
- It can be consumed as an additional therapy method in bronchitis disease.
- It is known for its milk-enhancing effect in nursing mothers.
- It enables people who suffer from diseases such as flu and flu to recover faster.
- It can be consumed for a persistent cough state.
- It can be preferred as a therapeutic agent for diseases related to the lung.
- It is a supporter of people in the diet period due to its low calorie content.
Cataracts and strokes It prevents the formation.
Rheumatism contributes to the relief of pain.
Intelligence development In terms of its selenium, it benefits especially school-age children.
Milk maker Thanks to its feature, it is perfect for mothers who give milk to their baby.
Kidney and gall bladder It helps to lower the stones.
Nervous system It has therapeutic properties.
Heart and circulatory system protects from diseases.
Cataracts and strokes protects against risk.
anemia It contains iron that prevents it.
Diet It is a vegetable that can be consumed abundantly for those who do. It can be preferred in diet menus due to its high nutritional value, low calorie and a feeling of satiety.